An Open Letter to Math ;((((

Juliana

12/9/15

Dear Math,

All these years when you confused me. When I tried to do your problems, never solving them. Just pretending to never, completing your problems. To those nights I came home with your homework, laying on the ground crying for hours on end. FDP, Coordinate planes, I hate you. Mrs. Sethi, Mrs. Wright, Mrs. Bartell, Mrs. Lufkin, Mr. Fortunato, Mr. Boring, nothing you say makes sense. I remember the stupidest things, never remembering your multiplication facts. I hate you. You need to be explained. Why do you have variables, why can’t it just be a number? I’ve done my time with you. Why do we even do math? I hate the smell of your almost fish smelling scent. The sight of all of those numbers, hurting my eyes.  The sound of problems yelling “SOLVE ME!” I hate you math.

Sincerely,

Juliana McDonald  

4 thoughts on “An Open Letter to Math ;((((

1. Hi Juliana. I love your letter because I don’ t like math either. I love when you said “You need to be explained.” because it seems like when math teachers open their mouth I’m already daydreaming. I really understand your struggle.